Old 07-25-19, 05:40 AM
axolotl

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike Jedi

What about elsewhere in the world? I have been reading for a while about how you all function, live, get around, places you go, but I don't recall coming across in-depth conversations about survival in winter months, what the norm is, etc...

I am curious to hear from folks that specifically tour year round and not seasonal, but actually live on their bikes and it's their only way of life.
There are lots of places in the world to tour when it's winter in the northern hemisphere. I toured in Colombia this past winter, for example, and I've toured many times elsewhere in Latin America, southeast Asia, south Asia, and in the southern hemisphere. I have no interest in living on my bike permanently, however. Also, each country has its own rules regarding visas and how long non-citizens can remain. Southeast Asia seemed to have a fair number of foreigners who are there for extended stays, in large part because it's inexpensive compared to the developed world. Some of these folks tour by bike at least part of the time.