Old 09-18-22, 08:34 AM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
If I turned a file over to the local Sheriff I wonder if they would do anything? Usually they have to be there to witness the infraction. If the perp did get in trouble I hate to think what they would do to the next cyclist.
If the truck was a commercial vehicle with identifiable markings, you can report the date, time and location of the incidence to the company HQ.

You can send the details to the police too. Whether or not they do anything is a wild guess. There seems to be mixed messages about that. Does the police really need to be a witness when a violation occurs? What about murder, r*pe or other road collisions? Many times police release closed circuit video footages asking for public input for their investigation. And then there are cases where people telephone in and report something and it gets assigned to a police officer to call you back.

There are several stories in which stunt drivers post their speeding on-line only to be arrested by the police later using their videos as evidence.

Last edited by Daniel4; 09-18-22 at 09:15 AM.