tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked 857 Times in 599 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
but electric is not the bike for daily use. its just to built with parts that last. thats why its in the price range it is. I think their goal is for people to buy them and get tired of them before they fail. in two or so years you may not be able to replace the battery. the batteries are the weak link in a budget bike. they really are not for daily use. but what I love about them its a blast to pass them especially going uphill.
Your last comment makes no sense actually, and is simply your opinion. "Lectric" isn't a premium brand, that's quite true, but the fact that you "feel" its not for daily use, and isn't built with parts that will last, this just doesn't make sense. As stated by 2old:
There's no reason that an inexpensive bike "has to" fail. I purchased the cheapest of the cheap kits seven years ago ($200 for a 1000w, 48V rear hub system. In fact it was purchased because it didn't seem possible that anything as cheap would last. Well, the joke was on me because some buyers were reporting 25,000+ miles on them. A 350w, 36V front hus conversion is still in operation seven years later on my daughter's bike. Some individuals are just elitists and think that anything less expensive than what they purchase is junk. I have a Nissan car; all those driving Ferrai's can tell me how much longer they'll last."

I've owned less expensive items that could go on indefinitely, as long as I do proper maintenance. I've also owned crap cars that went on forever. I have co-workers who own Beamers, Benzes, and more expensive rides, and they're ALWAYS in the shop.

Regarding the batteries, why do you think this company is going belly up next week? They have easily replaceable batteries, and the battery housings can always be reused for new rechargeable batteries. It's actually more difficult to get replacement parts or batteries for more well known, established brands of ebikes. When they discontinue a model it's a hunt just to locate old stock. Just look through this section and you'll see EXACTLY what I mean.
IMO, for some strange reason, you have an ongoing issue with this brand. Dear lawdy,...