View Single Post
Old 05-23-19, 04:40 PM
spedrunr

Bikes: Bianchi: '89 Celeste Campione d'Italia, '89 Celeste Incline, 80's Grizzly, 90's Volpe, Bridgestone(90's): CB-0, MB-3 Comp, Klein road, Cannondale road

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Beautiful bike from a beautiful era in Cannondale history. Love that green! The green/silver/black composition also looks super sharp. And I see some Superbe Pro on it!

I haven't found these bikes to be harsh either. Firm? Yes. Fast? Yup. Great steer'ers? You bet.
I have to agree, the chatter about them rattling the fillings from you teeth I find to be an old wives tale. I ride a 1988 Bianchi Campione D'Italia and I was expecting the "steel is real" compliance but if feels as stiff if not stiffer than the Cannondale of the the same size.

I can't say that the Cannondale is plush, but it's surprisingly comfortable to ride albeit that I've never done more than 40 miles continuously. The aluminum is stiff in the bottom bracket area but somehow is able to absorb some of the road chatter at the same time. Or, it's just my imagination and I'm just trying to rationalize what a cool bike it is