View Single Post
Old 06-20-19, 04:10 PM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Two races this week:
Tuesday PIR weeknight race. Flat course, 16, 2 mile laps. Strong wind with a tailwind finish. Maybe I was sore from the weekend, but it felt really hard. Pretty constant attacks and small, short lived breaks all race but it came down to a sprint. I joined in the pointy end to try to get in a break at two points during the race, but one I just ended up helping bring back (I couldn't separate from the pack), and the other we were reeled back in 1/2 a lap. Recovered enough to try to finish well, but wasn't able to get very good position and came in 12th of 54. There was a crash in the finish to the right of me near the other side of the pack. Hate hearing the crunch and seeing that out of the corner of my eye when we are moving almost 40 mph in a tailwind sprint. Amazingly (and thankfully) only one rider went down and he wasn't hurt badly.

Wednesday Mt. Tabor 50+. 3rd of 12 starters. 3 riders had a gap after the first prime, all I knew to be pretty strong and it didn't include the series leader (the race is part of a 7 race series), so I bridged to them went right by and drilled it to establish the break. The two of us in the running for the series (I'm was 4th, he was 3rd before Wednesday) worked to make sure we stayed ahead. The other two beat both of us in the sprint and I came in 3rd by literally a pixel width in the finish line camera image. That bumped me from 4th to tied for 2nd in the series.

Fun week.