Thread: 1UP racks
View Single Post
Old 03-08-22, 01:29 AM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
A family member has a One Up and it's a wonderful unit. I do think it's probably worth it to those who like premium grade construction and functionality and can afford it. He's just starting out and can afford it and I believe it will last him a lifetime.

I've been looking at them and will probably get the Yakima version. Only reason: I have a Yakima Rocket box and two types of Yakima roof top carriers so a bunch of Yakima keyed-alike locks, so considering they are all probably good quality and high functioning, keeping the key management minimized sways me. I don't necessarily think that the Yakima is any better - and maybe worse in some factors - to the Thule, One Up, Saris, etc. But I want to keep a single key system! Plus I like the way it attaches to the hitch receiver and can be locked in as well as the little cables to lock the bikes, all keyed alike (I'm not naive to think the cables are anything but a mild deterrent) Right now I have a Yakima (don't know the model) that has trays, but the bikes are held in place by a bar that holds the top tube instead of the tires. We got that one many years ago because we had a bike with fenders. This type is very risky for scratching the top tube and I'm tired of having to futz around with the top tube to avoid damage. After 10+ years I'm tired of it.

Last edited by Camilo; 03-08-22 at 02:49 PM.
Likes For Camilo: