Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Totally worth it.

What I really like is that with a single tray it folds up against the bumper when not in use and is totally out of the way.

Also, it does not rust. I’ve left mine on through 5 Upstate NY winters (lots of salt) and its fine.

Also, it is very easy to fix if something does break, or modify, and parts are available.

Regarding the fenders: it is a bit more hassle to deal with full coverage rear fenders. What I do is move the crossbar to the bottom position so that is contacts the rear tire below the fender and then use a strap to hold the wheel down to the tray. I don’t travel with this bike much so it is not a big deal, but if a bike with a full coverage rear fender was something I did transport regularly, I might look at something else.

The rack has no problem dealing with my highly fendered Fat Bike with no futzing required:

This is the rack that people buy after checking out someone elses in the flesh. Since I bought mine 5 years ago, almost all of my riding friends have bought them.

When a product is this successful with zero advertising and few professional reviews (they only sell direct, so there are no click-through cuts for review sites to make money on) there is usually a good reason for it.

Last edited by Kapusta; 03-08-22 at 07:32 AM.
Likes For Kapusta: