Old 05-20-22, 07:32 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 761 Times in 569 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragum
If I try to compensate for the wheel misalignment with the frame, the wheel doesn't be ok in the parktool tool. And even trying to compensate, it's not perfect, because the problem is in the alignment of the frame, really. If looks ok after compensate, but the wheel dont't be aligned in the parktool tool, I dont like, because wasn't realy ok.
I see what you're saying. I have several bikes that use 700c wheels and have 135mm hub spacing, and I do swap wheels around every now and then. And I'll say that, in my experience, the frame alignment that you're after is rarely precisely perfect. If I swap a wheel from one bike to another, the tire may be left or right by a mm or two. It's usually pretty easy to adjust the brakes to compensate. It sounds like you have a wheel where the rim is perfectly centered on the hub lock nuts, but you're having trouble finding a frame that will accept that wheel and have the rim be perfectly centered in the frame (and I can see the off-centered nature of your pictures -- but they're not off by much). In this case, I'd personally just align the wheel to the frame and ride the bike. If you routinely swap wheels between bikes, then you may need to shoot for a compromise that works well for most situations, even if it's not perfect.
Likes For hokiefyd: