Old 08-03-22, 09:01 AM
xroadcharlie

Bikes: 2018 Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by TLit
I've had an activity change in the last year or more from a physically exhausting job that I quit. I like to combine biking with hiking at local parks; bike 5 or more miles, hike 3 miles at two parks in an hour and a half or so. It helps up the metabolism and stay in shape. I've found backbacking on the AT or LT to be great for losing weight, a week is usually enough to get in much better shape hiking 15-20 miles a day.
I think this is a prudent approach. Thats why I alternate walking with hiking up a hill for aprox 1 hour one day, and bike 20 - 25 km the next (aprox 70 minutes). I might do this 5 days a week. Tues and Thurs I hang out at the mall with the other "Old guys" and walk there. Walking/hiking IMO is a very important activity for us seniors. Biking is both fun and healthy, at least for me when not taken to extremes.

A Proper diet where we loose a few hundred calories a day is by far the most important step, and probably the hardest for reasonably active people to loose weight. It doesn't matter how we loose them. Biking is only one of many activities that can contribute to that goal.

Last edited by xroadcharlie; 08-03-22 at 09:32 AM.