Old 09-14-22, 10:11 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 521 Times in 290 Posts
Originally Posted by b88
How many of you still prefer to ride on the road even though there is a dedicated bike lane. Too many young kids and old people in the lanes who cannot control their bikes. I was riding on the road when this motorist behind me kept leaning on his horn. I was as close to the right side as possible but instead of passing me, he stayed behind me all the way to the next intersection blasting his horn.

At the intersection, the motorist had to size me up before rolling down his window to berate me. Stating I should not be the road. Other cyclists joined in saying I’m an idiot. Meanwhile I yell out to the guy. I am legally allowed to ride on the road but you have a dog on your lap while driving which is illegal. Of course he was oblivious to this, only wanting to drive his point across that I should not be riding on the road.
So was this guy in a vehicle behind you laying on his horn while you could have easily moved over into the bike lane and waited for him to drive by?
Likes For mtnbud: