Old 09-12-21, 09:17 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4846 Post(s)
Liked 3,976 Times in 2,583 Posts
Specialized has a long history of not being a welcome player in the bike world. I was oblivious to this until I read of the law team contracted by Specialized going after a small shop in a small town in Canada for using the name Roubaix. This despite Specialized not owning the name but leasing it from the parent of Fuji. (Someone learned of this, posted it and it went viral.) While this was current news, I heard about them going after a bikeshop in Maryland, shutting down a small Portland outfit and forcing a Portland wheelbuilder to rename her operation. Basically the bully in the playground. The law barely applies to protect bike shops. None of them can afford to contest a cease and desist letter from Specialized with its basically unlimited deep pockets.

Specialized has lost me as a customer (of parts and clothes; I was never likely to buy one of their bikes). They've lost me as a kind or even neutral voice towards them who is someone listened to by some in bike circles. This by their deliberate choices.
Likes For 79pmooney: