Old 04-13-23, 08:18 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by jeanetonthebike
Kenda and Cheng-chin are both popular tire brands, but from what I see, you're like still waiting to be truly impressed. Have you tried any other tire brands that have stood up to the debris and rough patches in your town? I'm always on the lookout for reliable tires that can handle some abuse, so I'd love to hear your or any others' thoughts on other options...
It takes hundreds or actually thousands of miles to be impressed. I put 2000 miles on a set of Kenda's in 2022 and got one flat, it was the front and I had run a thumb-tack over that hit the tire dead-center. I would have made it home but I screwed up and pulled the tack out. It was not leaking, just making a tapping noise as I went down the street. Then I tried to put the tack back in the hole and made two holes. I don't care how much the tire costs, if I can run around a city over and through all sorts of terrain for nine or ten months and only get one flat they are good in my book. They are Kenda K-35s and they are the ones I used in the TT last July that let me go 19.5mph on the Huffy, so they are fast too.