Old 06-10-22, 11:08 PM
Frenzen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Start with a 24, an out and back for maybe 30 miles or so, to a local public campground. I would not start stealth camping till you know your gear choices and equipment carried all works as expected. Then maybe a 3-4 day trip. I would look at whatever campgrounds are in a circle of where you are, or an out and back. Pick a Sunday or Monday start date as the campgrounds are usually less crowded. I often just figure out "where is 40 miles" from wherever I stopped, then Google that area for "campgrounds". You can use the Google maps with the Bicycle option, it will give you a sense of what roads and about the distance. I then use RideWithGPS for the actual route planning as I can dump the route to my Garmin cycling computer. Dont forget to ask the group you are a part of for advice.

Also look at the P'tit train du nord" trail just north of Montreal, very popular bike trail, southern terminal is in Saint Jerome, just north of Montreal. There are something like 6 campgrounds on the route.

https://ptittraindunord.com/en/
I have always wanted to go to Mont-Tremblant by bike through P'tit Train du Nord but I certainly can look at the camgrounds and do not have to bike all the way to MT as it is 82 miles one way from me.