View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 11:05 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by Artmo
I think he wrote 32 bpm, which, in itself should probably be cause for concern. If it's 32 while awake, what is it while asleep? Mine is 42-45 while resting, but before I get out of bed it's 38 and my cardiologist says if it goes much lower I might need a pacemaker. But I'm OLD!!
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Oh, you're right. 32 is another matter completely.

It was 32bpm after resting while the nurse hooked up the leads. The second nurse stated that she would not have an accurate reading unless I elevated the rate. I proceeded to move around until she said OK at 39bpm and they got a good line recording. After completion the nurse who was at the machine noted that a previous EKG from a number of years prior when I had another surgery I had at that time a reading at 39bpm. She said that is was a bit unusual to be the same recording rate at the age I was for the number of years between.