View Single Post
Old 10-21-21, 07:36 PM
Yelbom15

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 46 Posts
clubman I agree and may have found that answer as well. Once rubbing away a crank, I believe I see a Raleigh logo on the non-drive side. It’s either a man on a horse/bike or something totally else but I do see a very distinctive R in the logo.

3alarmer I’ve heard good things about WillIams cranks. If anything, the highest end modern cranks such as White Industries or Phil take after the geometry a lot it looks like. Strange to see a small distinct stamp of Raleigh on the non-drive side crank(if that’s what it is). Maybe a small way to keep count of their productions without giving away the Dunelt legacy.

I also have to agree on the rims. I just finished 40 miles today on this bike and I’ve got to say the entire time I was looking down thinking I had a flat. Taking a turn felt terribly squirrelly to me but had me on my toes. I may look around for some old Mavic rims unless that sacrilegious. I’m open to any all suggestions.

Insidious C. I had a 27.2 seat post laying around. It fit but really tight so I didn’t bother causing more problems. It’s a real cheap one I yanked off an All-City frame I had laying around. May not be a 27.2 diameter.