Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by galen_52657
Freds vs. Racers....

I like it!

There is an old saying that applies...about heat... a kitchen...and staying out....
There's a way to interact with other people that doesn't make you and your sport look bad. Why is it that anyone who calls out the snobbery of the sport is all of a sudden labeled a fred?

I've ridden in fast pacelines, and I've seen people get dropped, and have been dropped myself. Even covered my share of gaps. Does the fact that I've actually uttered words of encouragement in a paceline and talked someone through how to ride in one make me a fred?

That's right--if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. And when you wonder why people call you a snob or an elitist you can just go home and hang out with your racer buddies and revel in the coolness of your rotating double paceline that takes pride in being too cool for newcomers.

Because really--if it were all about training "at the highest level possible," wouldn't you want to practice sprinting to cover breaks, reacting to obstacles, etc.?

Understand that it's not your riding or the rules of the paceline that I have any problem with--it's your superiority complex and your oh-so-condescending OP, because quite honestly, I don't want your attitude in any way to reflect on me as a cyclist or racer.

DrPete