celticfrost
Raising the Abyss

Bikes: Expensive ones that I ride slowly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by substructure
...Dragging someone out by the shirt because he hasn't caught on does not a man make.

On the other hand, people DO need to learn the ins and outs of their sport or activity. Especially when others are involved. If they choose not to recognize the right way and wrong way, then they shouldn't be there.
Come on now! Where else is a sickly 130lb spandex clad, ex-high school marching band member, dungeons and dragons playing, geek going to exert some physical authority besides his holier than thou paceline??!! I mean these guys have been getting pushed around since they've been waiting for the bus for kindergarten, so cut them some slack, eh?

Just kidding (mostly). I say all of the OP's rules are fine as long as they're noted before the ride starts. And if someone univitingly jumps on to the group mid-ride, then YELLING at them when they're putting the safety of themselves and others at risk sounds pretty appropriate to me.
"...in Las Vegas where -the electric bills are staggering -the decor hog wild -and the entertainment saccharine -what a golden age -what a time of right and reason -the consumer's king -and unhappiness is treason..."

Last edited by celticfrost; 06-02-06 at 08:04 PM.