Old 09-29-19, 03:31 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Super D
Been thinking overnight about this. Assuming my time for “the” frame is a ways off, a good bridge solution may be to get the fit figured out by replicating position of other similarly built higher level racers, as you recommended, sell a set of wheels and get a larger-size low-cost aluminum frame under $600...just so I can at least get more stretched out since I’m so crunched up currently. I can get close as possible to the fit needed with stems, bars and saddle positions and get by for a while. Had I chosen a 61 cm Felt TK3 to begin with instead of a 58, that’s where I’d be now. So I can re-start with that change up to a larger frame, and then continue saving for a long-term keeper which is more specific to me. Sound reasonable?
That sounds reasonable.

Originally Posted by Super D
If so, comparing the Felt TK 2/3 frame to the Bianchi Super Pista, and other aluminum options which have sizes of 60cm and above, what are your thoughts on best options and why?
I'm not that familiar with options anymore. Sorry.

Fifty Point One makes some nice options, but they might be out of your price range. The Hoy Bikes Fiorenzuola was on my short list before I had my steel frame made. Not sure if that's still available or not.
Likes For carleton: