Old 09-13-21, 07:09 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by ofajen
In this case, I expect it’s the tires. WTB Horizon is fairly fast rolling for its size and probably some fair number of watts less work to move than the Kenda K-1024 which looks to be a hefty touring tire. It’s the sort of thing that really gets noticed when you are climbing and have to also deal with the work against gravity.

Otto
Perhaps, but the 47c Horizons which came on my Doppler were 697g each (actual)! That’s heavy AF! Rode like the proverbial Cadillac, but was slow. I replaced them with Herse Switchback Hill 48c standards, claimed at 441g, dropping over a pound in rubber and bringing the ride alive. It’s still a heavy bike, though, so I dunno if it made any meaningful difference to climbing speed, but I find the bike a blast to ride, so I don’t care!
Likes For chaadster: