WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
WhyFi curious about your thoughts.

Challenge lists their Strada Bianca Pro as hookless compatible in 33 and up. Enve lists the 30 as approved on their 25 wide SES AR. Wondering if you’d trust it or stick with what the manufacturer says. Since Zipp doesn’t test- I’m thinking I can trust the 30, but who knows.

I imagine that the 33 is about as fast as the GP5k 32 since the 36 is only like a watt slower. I’m probably over thinking it.
Huh. I wonder if it's just a pressure thing. Looking at their chart, they seem pretty conservative on the wide rim front, as well - they don't even want their 30mm on a 23mm int width rim. I used to reference Enve's compatibly chart for the G23, since it has the same internal width, but I they don't seem to have a compatibility chart for that wheelset anymore.

I'd personally skip it, unless I found them really compelling vs other options.

Originally Posted by phrantic09
Also- I don’t know if you’ve used the Rapha down size, but if you do, you can use the jersey discount on the bundles. I got some core cargo bibs and a core lightweight jersey for 120 bucks.
Do they just pass along a personalized discount code? I assume, then, that you can go with any color you want, too? I haven't inquired in to a size-down, yet, but I'm probably going to soonish. A couple of weeks ago, I got an LS Pro Team Training jersey in M, and I'm liking the fit more than two SS versions that I have in L.

Oh, FWIW, I'm loving the LS PTTJ . The front-facing panels of the SS version are really airy, but the LS version is still light enough for year-round use, I think. Since I wear sun sleeves all of the time, anyway, that's perfect for me.