View Single Post
Old 01-29-08, 04:13 PM
eb314

Bikes: 07 Cannondale Six13 (9 speed Ultegra) + 19?? Lugged Steel Specialized Allez Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The course is a ~5.5 mile loop. It only has 4 turns. There are 3 hills, the first two are fairly steep but short, the last one is a bit longer. Still, it's Ohio and they're all short. Only about 30 seconds of climbing per hill, but they're pretty steep and will definitely slow down the group significantly. Otherwise it's flat. I don't know about having strong teammates, because all the guys I've been riding with ride in higher categories. There are others that are technically on the team but haven't been showing up to the group rides, either because they have to work on those days, or more likely because it's been pretty cold here and they aren't as hard as I am. (joke) Anyway I don't really know who will be racing D's with me. Possibly one guy who's pretty strong, but I suspect he'll do C's because he's raced a few times before.

Thanks for the response, I just wasn't sure whether to be passive or aggressive in the race. I'm getting pumped about this race and want to be aggressive, but don't want to burn out and blow all my energy.