View Single Post
Old 07-27-20, 03:10 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
I just ride with my phone to record it to Strava and don't bother with a Garmin device (not that those are much help now!!!). The most important thing is get out and ride, no mind blowing epiphany there. Some days I feel charged and take on the hills and any rider that goes past me and other days I don't feel it so I just ride and enjoy the scenery. As I saw in a previous post, you never regret going for a ride but you regret not going. I do find the environment has an impact - hot days really drain me, if not during the ride, then the rest of the day after. High pollen time and my sinuses are stuffed up so that also has an impact. Nothing better than a perfect temperature, no humidity and no wind.

I guess if you are training for a triathlon or race then you are constantly monitoring your effort but that's not for me. Just follow a consistent pattern of getting out and getting exercise and fresh air and keeping the brain sharp by focusing on the road. I'm finding lately that some days my brain is a little slower then it should be but it clears up once I start riding.