Old 08-21-21, 02:00 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Pulse_
You would advice no rest days even for a beginner? In other sports I have no rule, I just train and adapt to my sensations. Sometimes I'm tired but it gets better during the training. So unless I feel a pain that isn't related with my muscles I don't necessary rest. I'm not in the same shape as before Covid though.. I did less sports last months so I need to regain endurance and strength.

Generally speaking I don't eat processed food. I cook every time. I need to eat more vegetables but I don't know if it's important in cycling.
Sorry, I shouldn't have tried to inject the humor. Yes, rest days are important. Full rest, no bike, is very rare for me, but I typically have 1 or 2 days per week that are "rest', which is really recovery. These are very low effort (spinning so easily that my heart rate barely rises above waking, which for me is 95-105bpm), and very low volume (MAXIMUM 1 hour total for the day). Those days usually consist of only my commutes to/from work (25minutes each way over 9km from Zaventem-Sterrebeek to the NATO HQ). In some cases I will actually take a total day off, but that is rare, as I said, and usually is the result of being ill or some other factor that makes me think resting my whole body is a better option than a light, easy spin.

Fruits and vegetables are critical sources of the nutrients and vitamins your body needs to function at the micro level. Things like potassium, magnesium, iron, etc. are vital to good cellular function which leads to all sorts of good things elsewhere in the body. Do some research, veggies, especially are hugely beneficial.

Good to hear on the muscles and the temporary "aches" you're experiencing. I still get these aches from time to time, but they really last long and they go away quickly when I am done riding. Don't ride in pain, but somethings the position on the bike will be uncomfortable as you're new to it, in time it will improve. But, don't ride so that you use yourself pain, discomfort is different, you should be able to know the difference.

Feel free to send me a private message regarding routes. I think I can help you out.