burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
For me, the whole point of Zwift is that it makes a super-boring trainer session into something fun. I laugh at all these cats fussing about how it's not close enough to real life. Get off the trainer and go outside, Big Biker 300FTP Dude, and embrace the very real cold air, rain and snow.
Yes, and no. Yes to breaking up the monotony and not expecting TOO much. But, Zwift walks a fine line in terms of trying to cater to paying customers expecting to receive a realistic experience, with those that clearly do not care (cheats, hacks, or just don't care). I mean, there's dinosaurs and volcanoes. How real is that? It's not. It's a game.

You can improve the realism a lot by turning off the HUD and using your normal bike computer for HR and power display while riding in a "world hack" mode with less people. Or unplug internet after verifying your license and ride totally alone. But folks claim they're paying for more than that.

If I had suggestions on realism:
-max speed limits downhill and around downhill alpine corners
-max speeds on corners in general

One thing you can never totally get away from on realism is cheats. Weight cheats, power cheats, aero cheats, etc..... Folks will always cheat. You just have to pepper your angus and be fine with that in Zwift land.

The ratio of "Zwift heros" to "real world zeroes" is pretty funny when you show up to real road, cross, crits, time trials or even weeknight worlds. Zwift would have you believe everyone on the planet is 70kg and has a 300w ftp and can break an hour for a 40k TT.