Old 08-25-21, 12:34 PM
Pulse_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
Sorry, I shouldn't have tried to inject the humor. Yes, rest days are important. Full rest, no bike, is very rare for me, but I typically have 1 or 2 days per week that are "rest', which is really recovery. These are very low effort (spinning so easily that my heart rate barely rises above waking, which for me is 95-105bpm), and very low volume (MAXIMUM 1 hour total for the day). Those days usually consist of only my commutes to/from work (25minutes each way over 9km from Zaventem-Sterrebeek to the NATO HQ). In some cases I will actually take a total day off, but that is rare, as I said, and usually is the result of being ill or some other factor that makes me think resting my whole body is a better option than a light, easy spin.

Fruits and vegetables are critical sources of the nutrients and vitamins your body needs to function at the micro level. Things like potassium, magnesium, iron, etc. are vital to good cellular function which leads to all sorts of good things elsewhere in the body. Do some research, veggies, especially are hugely beneficial.

Good to hear on the muscles and the temporary "aches" you're experiencing. I still get these aches from time to time, but they really last long and they go away quickly when I am done riding. Don't ride in pain, but somethings the position on the bike will be uncomfortable as you're new to it, in time it will improve. But, don't ride so that you use yourself pain, discomfort is different, you should be able to know the difference.

Feel free to send me a private message regarding routes. I think I can help you out.
Ok, I think I'll continue my actual schedule of 3 rides per week + a longer ride during the w-e . I feel better with my neck, I try to be aware of my back position while riding and don't hesitate to adjust it when needed. An other thing I improved is to loosen my grip on the handlebars. I realized I was holding them too tight which isn't needed. I'm still experimenting with my position but the overall feel is great.

Here is my new lid. I chose the POC Octal in the MIPS version. I bought it in two sizes /two colors to make sure I can try them on first and decided to keep the M size in white. The funny thing is that the AVIP version of the Octal is 25g heavier compared to the white in the same size.. no clue why. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it makes a world of a difference in terms of weight and aeration. I'm super pleased with this helmet! To put things into perspective it's 100g lighter than my previous model from Van Rysel which is also in the picture (size L).

I also ordered an other botlle and cage and a saddle bag for the tools + spare tube, tire lever, etc... It's mounted on the bike already. Before I carried everything on me and used a Salomon trail running vest to do so but I felt it might be better to put everything on the bike. I like to feel free to move when riding.

Next step is to upgrade brake pads. I need more braking power, especially under the rain and in traffic.
Likes For Pulse_: