Old 08-15-22, 08:27 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I'm curious where people are buying bafang kits.

I hope I don't attract any spammers with this question
We ordered ours from EBike Essentials, here: bafangusadirect.

They have a pretty good website to help you select the right options, and most items are in stock.

We ordered on a Monday evening, and the kit shipped from So. California on the following Wednesday. Their only shipping option is FedEx, for $50.

We were annoyed that FedEx will only give an estimate of “sometime Friday” for delivery, and you must be present to sign for the package. So we waited all day for it to arrive, and the truck finally showed up around 7:00 PM. I think they need to step up their game for 2022, because UPS lets you see exactly where the truck with your package is located, in real time. Like, an actual map with GPS based location, updated every several seconds.

The kit arrived in good condition with everything we ordered. Curious thing was they didn’t include any instructions, not even a flyer with a web address for online instructions or video. There’s probably some YouTube videos that walk you through installation. I didn’t bother searching, just figured it out. Although I have no experience with ebikes, I’ve worked on regular bicycles quite a bit. I found this installation to be pretty straightforward.