View Single Post
Old 11-12-22, 05:27 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 980 Times in 651 Posts
Originally Posted by Writenride
Here's some more on the Specialized M2 Pro:

Specialized had many Ritchey components on this bike, including a Ritchey Force Lite bar, Ritchey Logic pedals in red, and a Nitto\Ritchey seatpost. But over the years almost all of them were thrashed beyond repair.

This is what sold me; a M950 Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur. The bike had an XTR rear mech and an XT Front mech that clamped on the seat tube.

Specialized had this great Son of Strong Arm Crankset, which I sold. Later, I found this M952 five arm XTR on eBay. I thought the five arm looked better.

I learned a lot about this bike as well as myself, after changing so many components over the years. I'll probably never sell the bike, but being over 20 years old now (!!), it's getting harder to find good components for it.
You know, I'm surprised there aren't that many talking about 90's Stumpjumpers. Maybe these photographs might change that. Thanks.
lovely bike I have been eying s works and stumpjumpers for years on ebay but the ones I have seen were often in bad shape and with a lot of dings and scratches, also I am not sure that it would be the most comfortable ride for me. Are the wheels 27.5??