Old 07-25-21, 07:08 AM
PrettyCurious

Bikes: 2004 Trek 4300, 2021 GoExpress

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Yes and no. I got passed by a middle aged couple on e-bikes about 3 weeks ago on a local bike path in a state park where the use of e-bikes is illegal. Note that there's no signage anywhere that prohibits e-bikes, it's just a state law you might or might not know. What puzzled me was this was a couple that were younger than me, much skinnier and fitter looking (I'm a clyde) and I had to wonder why spend the huge amount of money on his and her e-bikes ?, why not get non motorized and get a better workout ?. I get why a person older, or who otherwise has physical issues (knees, hips) that makes pushing pedals difficult. Perhaps one of those two seemingly fit people on e-bikes had a physical issue, I couldn't tell. Thus I tend to give a pass. I do not give a pass to the a-holes riding obviously throttle e-bikes on the mt. bike dirt trails, those guys get the cops called on them, nor to the idiot on a Vespa doing 25-30 on the paved boardwalk at one of NYC's beaches. Cops need to stay on that and do not.
Do not judge peoples health conditions. Maybe they do not want a work out. I have a few health issues that are not apparent, but also none of your business. (not listed in my profile here) Many people think I am slim, and younger than I actually am. Anyway, it's none of your business what condition I am in, and whether or not I want a work out. and if there is no signage prohibiting my ebike, than I am going to ride it.