Thread: Old farts music
View Single Post
Old 06-17-20, 05:08 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
Ding ding ding, correct.

He was a member of Stealers Wheel
After stuck in the middle was recorded Gerry left the band and never toured with stealers wheel in support of that hit so the band had to find another singer.
Interesting to me is how much he sounds like John Lennon on that song and certain words he pronounces oddly on his hit right down the line.
Baker street song reminds me of the song running on empty by Jackson brown because of the same time period. Which reminds me of being in a grocery store waiting on a girl i was dating to cash her check with running on empty playing on the intercom. She was 18 and I was 15 and I'm standing there and she looks at my face which is all marked up and asked what happened. I said oh it's just from sparring. She said " I thought you were better than that" and before I could reply with my witty comeback of you should have seen the other guy, the cashier says NEXT. I spent the rest of the day trying to explain unlike the movies, when when you spar you get hit.
Weird how music provokes memory more than just about anything....well maybe scent too.

Last edited by texaspandj; 06-17-20 at 07:11 AM.
Likes For texaspandj: