View Single Post
Old 11-14-22, 05:29 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10455 Post(s)
Liked 11,945 Times in 6,114 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Tone
The closest I got to golf was when my father in law took me to a driving range and scolded me for holding the club like a baseball bat. The only time I've held a club (besides miniature gold as a kid). Also, went to Montana for my brother in law's wedding in the Summer. In the evening, soon after the cake was outside, it was totally black, covered in bugs. I'll pass, also.
I've been able to avoid golf my whole life, for the most part. There was that time, at a very small startup (maybe a dozen people at that point) when the President was organizing a golf game for the group, and the Friday before it brought in a couple of putters and balls. He set up putting practice in the "executive suite" - the only place with carpet - with a Solo cup as the hole. We each took turns. I COULD NOT miss. Every put, right into the cup, from any distance possible in that space. He could not sink a putt to save his life. Eventually, he challenged me directly to sink 4 in a row. After the third, he grabbed the putter from my hands. That particular professional relationship didn't go all that well, it turned out.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: