JadeVamp1986
New Trike Owner

Bikes: Viribus Trike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
New Trike Need Advice!

Hello everyone! I'm not sure where this would be appropriate to post so I hope general is ok, If not please move me to wherever fits and thank you for your time. I joined this group in hopes to find fellow trike enthusiasts for advice. I wanted to find a forum full of trike experts to help me build my dream trike. I know nothing about trikes so this is all new to me.

My plans are not like the average tricycle by any means. Essentially when all is said and done my trike will basically be a car with 3 wheels lol. I can’t afford a car, and honestly I have a pretty intense fear of cars thanks to an accident when I was a teen (I was a passenger). Originally I was going to purchase a gas scooter but my husband suggested a trike due to my anxiety, said it would be safer and said that it’s one wheel off from a car so should help me work my way to getting over my fears. So I bought a Viribus trike off Amazon.

I want to install an engine on my trike so I can drive to work (I’m a model and need to be able travel a lot) long distances. Originally I was thinking electric but recharging time wouldn’t work, and limits my distance. I’m now thinking a 4-stroke engine since you can just drive to a gas station and fill up when low so distance is no issue. I don’t want to go on highways (too scared) but need it to be fast enough to go on roads and powerful enough to pull me up hills, and haul cargo. I want a key/button start, no pull start and kill switch. I want it to be a quiet motor so I don’t disturb those around me and loud noises freak me out. How many CCs do I need? I need to be able to use my basket; can I mount the engine to the front wheel? I heard that the brakes on the trike usually are not good enough once you add a motor is that true? Do I need a new brake system to accommodate safe immediate stopping? What do I need?

Speaking of wheels, I’ve seen fat tires and heard they’re safer, add stability, can handle heavier weight, and are great for snow/ice. Is that true? Can I upgrade my trike to fat tires? What do I need to do that? What kind of seat should I get for comfort on long distance riding? I want to make sure I have everything required for safety. I need break lights, turn signals, hazards, headlight, horn and alarm. I would like them to be wired into the trike, not wireless. I don’t want to have to worry about recharging everything. What do I need to do that? I need to be able to haul heavy cargo (delivery service, my suitcases, etc.), can my trike already do that or do I need something to do that? I see that some trailers can carry loads up to 100lbs. I’m not sure how to word this but does the trailer weight capacity affect my trike weight capacity or is it separate? The reason I ask is my trike says it can handle up to 400lbs, and the trailer I’m looking at can handle 100lbs, and I’m already 100lbs myself. I’m thinking of starting door dashing or delivering packages for supplementary income between gigs.

And finally I want to make my trike all weather friendly. I want to hire someone to build an enclosure so the rain/snow and cold won’t bother me (I’m very sensitive to cold and don’t want to get sick or freeze). I also want to install a heater in there to keep me warm in winter and air conditioner to keep me cool in the summer. Where do I start? Who would I go to for that? How much do you think it would cost (rough estimate is fine)?

Is there anything I’m forgetting? Any suggestions? I’m all ears. I’m very serious about this vehicle and need to build something that’s safe, will last me a couple years, will get me around where I need to go in state and possibly out as well.

Thank you