Old 11-08-13, 04:52 PM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Have you heard of Netflix? Rather than buy a DVD movie, get them by mail (much bigger selection than streaming.) For less than the cost of one DVD you can see many movies a month. Turnaround time for the mail service is incredibly fast, usually one day except for Sundays and holidays.
I tried Netflix once, it wasn't worth it. The turnaround time wasn't as impressive as one day, more like 3 days, and they always sent something random from my queue instead of the first one on the list so when I received something I wasn't always interested in seeing it right away and it just sat on my table for days. I live in a rural region with slower than normal internet access and download caps so I can't stream movies. I do rent new releases regularly from Redbox. I generally spent less than $5ea (avg $2-3) on the DVDs I bought and can watch them whenever I want and even though I don't see that collection getting bigger I'm seriously considering putting all my CD and DVD discs in CD sleeves in a binder.