Old 12-17-20, 07:50 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
I see a Continental tire on the rack for $69. I needed a tire and didn't plan ahead. The sticker said $69 (way overpriced) but I took it to the register anyway. The manager's wife said it was $75. What!? It says $69. She rambles a bit then says in the most sarcastic voice, "you're lucky somebody mislabeled it!".
I used to buy model trains at a hobby shop that was just like that. Everything was priced at full maximum retail, or maybe even higher. An item for $50 at this store would be $45 at any other store, and $35 online. Once or twice a year, they'd have a big sale but they'd take certain items and hide them in the back room so they wouldn't be included in the sale pricing.

One day, I found something I wanted - two of them actually - and I took them up to the register where the owner's wife was working that day. She looked at them, and asked, does Ron (the owner) know you have those? I said no, I got them right off the shelf. She had some reservation about selling them at the marked price and wouldn't ring me up until Ron got off the phone and came over to give it his blessing. I have no idea what her concern was because the items weren't miss-marked; they were full retail.

I found it so annoying I just left without buying anything.
Likes For Reflector Guy: