Old 01-14-22, 08:09 PM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Pantah
Thank you for that, I will check it out.

I didn't actually measure it precisely but it was in the neighborhood of 3-4mm. It would have rubbed both brake pads unless I had the caliper set very wide and loose, not exactly ideal. Had this been

Totally fair, you're right, it wasn't terrible. I do give them points for excellent customer service on the phone and a prompt return label. Their email customer service was just non-existent. What I'm really miffed about is the statement in the ad that the wheel had been trued by a professional mechanic. I'm not even a professional bike mechanic and I could tell right away, without even putting it in a truing stand, that it was out of whack. Didn't take long to find the twisted spokes either. If it had been just very slightly out of true, like less than a millimeter runout, I wouldn't have minded. Or if there was some unusual hidden damage or shipping damage, those are honest mistakes. It's just the degree to which this was out of true leads me to believe it was either never in a truing stand or a very inexperienced mechanic worked on it.
And yeah, I got a new wheelset right after realizing this was no good.
I see what your getting at. Hope I didn't seem like a jerk !! Nice that the customer service was good but not cool that the product seemed way off its description. Im glad they made it right for you but you do have a legit complaint. Hard to make up lost time.