rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,426 Times in 2,826 Posts
Originally Posted by AJW2W11E
I am new to Bike riding and doing roughly 20 miles a day 16 mph on a single speed , lots of hills. Switched from running several miles a day after I saw all the knee replacements around me. Bike riding really is fun but all those miles are wearisome, noticed them when I was painting my house. How does bike riding match up to running?
The beauty of cycling is that you can go so much farther and see so much more than with running. You probably run the same routes over and over but with cycling you can get a workout in and explore all over your area for the same energy expenditure. I ran for 30 years before transitioning to cycling. With cycling you can get the same workout in the same time you would run if you really dial it up or go climb some steeps. If you wear a HRM for running, do the same with cycling and get your heart rate up til the same level and you will not be disappointed. Besides with running you don’t get the payoff of coasting down a hill and working your butt of climbing.

Last edited by rsbob; 09-26-21 at 11:48 PM.
Likes For rsbob: