Old 08-22-18, 11:13 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,458 Posts
Back at Fiesta...30 minute sprinters warmup and then 20’ low cadence threshold intervals. While at VSC last week, I noted an interval workout posted for Roger’s Session. It was 2’ z1 1’ z2 40” z3 20” z4. Then repeat 1’ z2 40” z3 20” z4. I did 2X(2’ z1 and then 10’ of 1’ z2 40” z3 20” z4) for a total of 28 minutes. Essentially, it was 1 minute on and 1 minute off with an acceleration during the one minute on.

So I have not done 1 minute stuff in a while so I thought it would be a good change of pace. Roger loves the 20 seconds of high power. His take on the Zs is different from Coggan. z3 is race pace and z4 is bridging pace. So when one does these at the track during his session with the fast guys, they are fast and hard and since one is on the banking z2 is not easy due to having to keep up the speed to keep from slipping off the track. I adjusted my power levels accordingly.

Alas, even though I did a race / track workout I was on my TT bike and probably looked like a total dweeb / dork. I just learned that the other day. To add additional humiliation, I stopped on the back stretch of Fiesta to eat a gel and recalibrate my power meter and a hot triathlon chick goes by and asks if I need any help. I said no but if I would have been on the top of my game, I would have said yes and quickly let the air out of tire and she could have showed me how to use a CO2 inflator.