View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 05:51 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,090 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Why stay with Garmin at all? I have a doctorate in computer science and am comfortable using many complex technologies. After buying an Edge 520 and regretting it every single day, I switched to Wahoo and will never buy another Garmin bike computer. The Garmin UI is abominable and I don't care if they ever learn how to design a simpler one because competitors like Wahoo have already figured it out years ago.
Interesting, as outside of the use of a smartphone for initial setup, I didnt find my Bolt any more user friendly than the 3 Garmins I've owned. In terms of day to day uses on the device, I do find my Hammerhead Karoo 2 to be better (slighlty) than Garmin. HH is much more proactive at pushing OS updates that actually streamline the user interaction for settings and stuff, something that I did not see from Wahoo or Garmin. My experience is once you "get" the Garmin method, its not hard to do anything. But I understand this is just my own personal experience, YMMV,