View Single Post
Old 02-02-23, 09:06 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1589:

Today was a blip in the temps, where we were going to be above zero for a day until we return to negative temps tomorrow. When I went to bed last night the forecast was 10°F this morning.

When I got up, I was confused. Google told me it was 9°F. My phone told me it was 13°F. My kitchen thermometer told me it was 17°F. I wasn't sure what to believe, and subsequently how to dress.

I decided to dress for the colder temps, reasoning that I'd rather be a little warm than a little cold. Due to an all-company meeting happening today, I needed to be on-site instead of working at a client location. So this morning's ride was 8 miles to our office. I'm not sure what the "real" temp was, as it felt closer to the 9°F that Google reported, but a bank sign I passed said 18°F. I think the high humidity and the 15 mph cross wind really threw a wrench into how cold things were feeling.

For the ride home at 5 PM it's supposed to be 0°F and falling, with an even stronger wind. Not really looking forward to that.