Thread: 1984 Trek 850
View Single Post
Old 06-20-22, 10:59 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked 1,033 Times in 671 Posts
+1 on the acetone. The paint might have been cured for too long for the acetone to work effectively but that would be my first try. It may take some rubbing and some exposure time for the acetone to work. I was doing some repair work to the hood of my car and discovered that I had two primer drips on my fender after two weeks. It came off. It took some time for the acetone to soften the paint and then some rubbing. I used paper towel. Cotton cloth would have been better but the fenders will get blended in the next few weeks.

The second try would be 1000 grit sandpaper followed by 2000 grit. Use a firm sanding block or a piece of wood or aluminum as a backer. The idea would be to remove the spray paint without removing too much of the original paint. This should leave just the spray paint in the paint divot.

Nice find. I like the lugged frame, lugged fork and character of the bike. Was that made in Wisconsin?

That is a good looking velodrome I had not seen pictures of it until now.
Likes For Velo Mule: