View Single Post
Old 11-20-21, 07:35 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by KenCT
I have this remote for my GoPRo 9. Much better than trying push the button when riding, especially since I have a silicon cover on the camera. The remote I use has a lanyard I keep tucked in the top tube bag with the remote sticking out for east access.
I see that is the "New, Improved" version of the remote. I have the earlier one, with three buttons on the front, and it's pretty much useless. It will continuously lose the BT connection to the cameras, and then sits there with the "searching for camera" indicator on the entire ride. I've relegated it to a desk drawer, in the box with various extra GoPro mounts. Have you had any issues with the newer version?

(p.s.: the phone I was using for my Rylo videos was 3G, which, as you probably know, is going bye-bye soon, if not already. I had to upgrade to a 5G phone, and, of course, the Rylo app was no longer available for download, which effectively turned my Rylo into a paperweight. I now have two Hero 8 cams on the bike - forward and rearward facing - both connected to external power banks.)