Old 06-29-21, 06:28 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
Pick up a few shifts in the shop and then tell us about how bleeding hydraulic brakes, rebuilding shocks, truing disc rotors, converting to tubeless, press-fitting bottom brackets, routing internal cables, and setting up electronic shifting is "pretty much the same" as working on your 70s Schwinn and 1982 Bianchi.
I've done everything on your list with the exception of press fitting bottom brackets and electronic shifting simply because I've never encountered either.

Perhaps when I'm done working in your shop you can come to mine and help program radars.

I sure find threadless headsets, hollowtech bottom brackets and mechanical discs much easier to work on than the older stuff. In all honesty setting the brakes on the old Schwinns was a challenge because one needed a wrench in both hand to lock down the cable lock nuts. Allen head fasteners and captive hardware simplified everything.