Old 05-20-22, 08:23 PM
beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
Now who's giving beng1 a hard time?Sorry. To answer your question--what beng1 writes strains my credulity. Which, with what's been going on in the world of late, is near the breaking point. There's plenty of reasons not to believe that he can "blow by" riders on modern road bicycles while riding a Huffy or a Stingray or a ride-on lawnmower or whatever. I'm pretty sure he's not the Second Coming of Bernard Hinault.
Well July 9th I am entering myself and this Huffy bike as it is in a local 12-mile time trial which last year had over 150 entrants. Do you care to make a guess where I will place out of the 150 riders overall ??? I ran the same Time trial 25 years ago on a six-speed road bike and placed 40th out of 401 entrants. I am sure I will not finish in the top 10% as I did that year, but I am confident I can get into the top 33% overall, and I will blow off a LOT of people on very late-model machinery. With the covid pandemic being ignored much more this year, it may have many more than 150 entries. You can see the results of the 1997 race here; QUAD Results | Highmark QUAD Games