Old 10-31-22, 03:01 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Well, I've had to hang up my running shoes, spinal stenosis has made it unsustainable. So I'm back on the bike full time other than gym time.

I'm working on building back my endurance and started on intervals last week - 3x8' sweet spot last week and 4x7' today. We're using my pre-chemo FTP that I had while mostly running as a SWAG until my endurance is good enough to do a good 20-minute test, and it seems to be about right. My strength on the bike is slowly but steadily coming back. My goal event is a re-do of Latoja in September '23 - when I did it in '18 I was the strongest I've been on the bike, but I had a career-best bonk about 130 miles in. Ultrarunning has taught me a lot about nutrition, so I plan to make up the time I lost bonked with steady, non-stop effort this time. I don't know if I'll get as strong as I was the first time, but I shouldn't be far off.

I'm working on upper body in the gym using a combination of bodyweight exercises, free weights, and machines. My near-term goal is to be able to do an honest pull-up. It's turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. I expect I'll be using it for bike-specific stuff before too long as well.

Demain, on roule!
Likes For revchuck: