Old 01-27-22, 11:39 PM
molleraj

Bikes: 1993 (?) BikeE CT RoadE edition, 2007 (?) Dahon Speed D7, 2003 (?) Specialized Globe Sport, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed, 1974 Panasonic Sport Deluxe, 1982 Peugeot P8

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
I bought the air-suspended model of that bike, it's a 3X8 with SRAM S7 rear derailer and 1:1 twist-shifters.

Mine with the high seat-back is prone to cracking the saddle frame, and the sliding mounts have been replaced with newer (recall-spec?) pieces.

Not like a bicycle, the steering does not self-center, which is moderately annoying and potentially dangerous when riding past parked cars at speed.

Mine seems very over-taxed by my local hilly terrain, not in terms of gearing, but it's not comfortable going up steep hill since it further reclines the body.

What the BikeE seems best for is riding it to dinner. The reclined ride home is so much easier than on a bike after eating a full meal.

Absolutely no shortage of thumbs up, even from motorists, while riding this thing. Feels like I'm Peter Fonda.

Nice! I was also worried about seat sliders cracking, but mine has been good so far (*crosses fingers*). The steering is quite annoying - thanks for putting the issue that's come up into words. I also have been miffed by tipping side to side at low speed. It seems that finally being able to shift down into the lowest gears properly has made it much easier to stay balanced at low speed. I know my last ride (after IGH and derailleur adjustment) was much, much better than past ones. I haven't yet gone up any steep uphills but I will see how it feels on them in the near future. Good to know about meal rides - I don't know if I will have that problem lol as I plan to take a couple tamales and a Gatorade as ride snacks, or I buy a snack at the end of the ride. But definitely a good advantage! Time for lasagna lol.

Hoping for more thumbs up, haha. Right now it's more "What the heck is that thing?" but one person on the sidewalk was particularly intrigued.