Old 08-09-21, 06:40 PM
DaveLeeNC

Bikes: 2020 Trek Emonda SL6, 90's Vintage EL-OS Steel Bianchi with 2014 Campy Chorus Upgrade

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I had irregular heartbeat/a-fib symptoms in 2017. Doctors didn't help much except to refer me to a cardiologist which the insurance denied. After 2 doctors fighting for 6 months, they relented and approved a consult. By then the symptoms had disappeared.
Until last month. I went with the fastest group and went all out in the hills and really over did it. Weird heartbeat came back, along with discomfort and a feeling of dread.
Considering seeing doctors again,if it doesn't improve.
FWIW, I have maybe once every 3-6 months a short period of unexplained high heartrate (typically 140 to 150) that lasts for usually 5-15 minutes (although once it went 2 hours). My primary doctor tells me that until/if we can 'catch this event on an EKG' there is little that can be done diagnostically. So until these become either more frequent (where a Holter monitor might help) or longer, I (like you) am kind of stuck in diagnostic limbo.

dave

ps. I have never encountered one of these while exercising. OTOH, if I was out on a moderately hard ride how would I know that I was encountering a 150 bpm heartrate event?
Likes For DaveLeeNC: