Old 06-29-22, 10:49 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10065 Post(s)
Liked 5,051 Times in 2,155 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I was wondering about the fitting process. There is a local place that has the Trek Precision Fit stuff, and will do a fit for $100. The Rotul places around here are $300-400. I think I'm pretty well dialed in on my bike, but wouldn't mind a double check for any beneficial tweaks.

I'm still eyeballing the 2021 Emonda SL7 that is available locally for 25% off sticker. If that goes down in price even more, I may try to pretty please the wife more than I have. On the other hand, I still have a wedding to pay for that has snowballed in cost, and I don't "need" another bike.

I do like the one piece bar/stem that they put on the Emonda SLRs, but that is being recalled for some reason, and Trek has asked owners to stop riding with it.

I still really like my Domane, but would like the Di2 on it. I've done a lot of upgrades to it, have it down to about 20 lbs with pedals, cages, tool roll, etc., and it rides really nicely. Don't want to get rid of it.

If I get another bike, it would be to get a lighter bike, and I'd get rid of the hybrid since I don't use it much anymore.

Not in the market for a Madone.
Dont know about the recall. But the new SLR cockpit is 2 piece not one. I imagine it would work with that emonda you want.