View Single Post
Old 07-04-22, 05:01 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
I did 60 bpm at 30 rpm and 75 bpm at 120 rpm. My current RHR is at 44 bpm.

One thing I probably should have told earlier is I only weigh 56 kg with height of 173 cm. It could have been a factor but then, a Pro TT racer example in this thread 20 kg heavier than me is also spinning very high cadence at nearly 110 rpm. If those cadences have poor efficiency then pro racers would not do it. Race cadence rpm would show a decreasing trend but instead, we're seeing the opposite!
Im confused, are you saying that due to conservation of momentum high cadences aren't inefficient? At higher cadences (120 isn't high enough to start being very inefficient) youre losing literally hundreds of watts just trying to spin the pedals. A better test would be to go in your granny gear and try to do 1 minute sprint intervals, you'll be spinning at like 160 gassing yourself out while hardly putting power into the pedals. Its useful to be able to spin fast (if your legs are tired but your heart is fine, usually later into the race/group ride) but its not efficient past a certain point.