Old 10-09-09, 03:43 PM
Everhandy
Freedom Fighter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Ever...with all due respect, I think you're taking this far too seriously. This isn't Wallstreet and we're not negotiating the end of a war. We're buying and selling bikes, primarily cheap bikes, from a drive way. As others have said...if you;re approaching this as a way to make a living, you're in trouble regardless of sales and purchase prices.

Sales man psychology? This isn't a $5,000 purchase you have to negotiate off the wife. For the most part, people are reasonably educated buyers and sellers and have a general idea of something's worth. Not always, but usually. If something is an incredibly good deal, why bother trying to skin out an extra $10 anyway? You go after the ones that you know you can make a reasonable profit from, and you avoid the ones that are incredibly over priced. If they;re insanely over priced, they won't sell and the person will eventually figure out that he needs to lower his asking price anyway.

One question that I have involves people talking about purchasing at flea markets...the flea markets here (Philly metro area) ALWAYS sell pure junk at too high a price...like $75 Magmas. If they do have something nice, they always know and price accordingly. In my experience, flea marketers research the value of things before they sell them.
Yes, you're right but, do bike flippers only buy $30 bikes? Just wondering.

I do get carried away though.