View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 05:45 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10420 Post(s)
Liked 11,881 Times in 6,087 Posts
Nice ride today. Not great, but good. I took the Battaglin, having just gotten a brand new Conti Grand Prix tire for the rear to replace the one that got a cut with alarmingly few miles on it.

About 8 miles from the end, I think I hit a rock. 1/4 mile later, the rear end felt spongy, and then it felt really rough. Flat as a pancake. I was picturing a big damn gash or something in my brand new tire, but there was not a blemish - which is why I thing it was that rock.

Anyhow, it was a convenient place to fix a flat, with a nice fence to hang the bike on, and a post to lean the wheel against while I pumped it up. Someone must have had a long talk with Continental, because the tire came off the rim and went back on with nothing but hand pressure. The Battaglin has a pump peg, so I always carry a full-size frame pump on it, and it made short work of reinflating the tire. Whoever said, "Hey, lets build frames that won't hold a pump!" should be hanged, drawn, and quartered.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles