Old 09-30-19, 01:24 AM
ruudlaff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo
This is right on the money. There's lots of guys waving their things around with high peak wattages that just can't deliver with F200 times. The big boppers that I know don't give a damn about a peak wattage, they're much more preoccupied with 20s power and technique to enhance the repeatability of their efforts.

For me, I busted out a sceptical, but still recorded 2500W on my kickr. My best was 11.8 F200 but to be fair that 2500W was after a kick ass off season where my metrics were all going up. Then life went to poo for my personal sports goals and now I just have to dream of what could have been as I play doting father to my sporting daughter for a while
I'm starting to agree, I think max wattages are a bit of a misnomer.

Our track club have been doing training weekends recently with some benchmarking and it started to open my eyes a little.

There's guys that are low 11/high 10 that are only hitting 1700(?). There's a masters racer who is putting in >2000 who is mid 11s. Even myself, I'm sitting 1600 or so at 80kg and I'm only sitting about 12.

One feedback that did come out of the benchmarking is that the cadence you hit your peak is as important as the peak itself (especially for gearing)
Likes For ruudlaff: